Appliance safety test & tag service
Test and tag is the process of inspecting, testing, tagging and recording of electrical equipment to ensure compliance with AS/NZS 3760:2003 In Service Safety Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment.
The safety integrity of an electrical appliance is determined by subjecting each appliance, to the appropriate visual and electrical test procedure as required by the standard AS/NZS 3760 2003.
Trained Certified Technicians:
All Expo Direct test technicians are trained to thoroughly inspect and test all electrical appliances in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety Regulation and the Australian Standard AS/NZS 3760 and hold a current certificate that authorises them to test and tag "plug in" electrical equipment to AS/NZS 3760 and AS/NZS 3012 requirements.
Using state-of-the-art Portable Appliance Tester, Expo Direct carries out the following testing procedures:
Tests with the Portable Appliance Tester:
- Earth bond test - This test is to ensure that the connection between the earth pin in the mains plug and the metal casing of the appliance is satisfactory and of sufficiently low resistance.
- Insulation test - This test is used to verify that adequate insulation exists between the mains supply pins and the earth.
- Continuity test- Tests for open or short circuits.
- Polarity wire test - Tests for correct pin configuration.
- Leakage test - This test shows the current being lost though leakage as the difference in the currents flowing in the live and neutral conductors while the appliance is powered and running.
- Functionality test - This test is for correct push button or switching operation of an appliances or the plugging operation of a connector.
- Check supply cords.
- Check defects-accessories, plugs or socket outlets.
- Check defects on connectors, casing or switches.
- Check for obvious external damage.
- No exposed inner cords, external sheath not cut or damaged.
- Check cords are not tangled or exposed for tripping.
Following the test procedure, a label will be attach to the appliance. This label meets the requirements stated in the AS/NZS 3760:2203 standard as it incorporates the following information.
- Appliance identity;
- Description / serial number (if required);
- Inspection Test Date;
- Next Inspection Test Date;
- Results of Inspection / Test;
- Logo/name of client (if required)